Sunday, April 2, 2017

POOBAL GOVENDER RADIO DOCUMENTARY - TRIBUTE TO MUNIAMMA FAMILY DESCENDANT - ON APRIL 1 2017

On June 9 last year (2016) our dear Appa, Thatha, brother, and cousin, Poobal Govender, left this world to join all the relatives who departed before him. His passing has been a traumatic experience for all those who were close to him – especially his widow, Baby; children; and other family members. We know that where-ever he is today, he is enjoying peace and tranquillity. In order to remember this wonderful soul, this radio documentary has been compiled as a tribute to him. Sit back and listen to the story of this respected human soul.
But before we listen to the Special documentary, please read this message prepared by his widow, Baby: “Love, one year has gone by and I can still feel your presence. My tears must have faded but the pain inside me will not. “This is the worst pain that anyone can feel. In 45 years of our marriage, I have such beautiful memories of us being together. But now my life will never ever be the same. “LOVE, I miss your footsteps and presence around our home. “I miss you coming up the stairs from a long day of work with a broad smile. “I miss you walking beside me. “I miss our long conversations and good laughs that we had together. “What I miss the most, is on a Saturday morning when you awake, your question to me would be: ‘LOVE what are our plans for today.’ But now it’s no more. “I know you are in a better place but for me your call was too sudden. “LOVE, you are clearly missed by your wife, three children, two daughters-in-law, son-in-law, four grand-children and a host of family and friends. “Rest in peace, we LOVE you. “AND I have a strong message for all those out there who still have their loved one. Love and cherish each moment with them, as life will never ever be the same once they are gone.” WHAT a beautiful message.
Now I would like to pass on to you what the warrior of the early times, Alexander The Great, had to say on his death bed. Alexander the Great was from the area of Macedonia in Ancient Greece who had conquered most of ancient Egypt, Persia or Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and certain parts of India. He summoned his generals and asked them to carry out three of his wishes: 1. The best doctors should carry his coffin; 2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones…) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery, and 3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see!! One of his general who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain. Here is what Alexander the Great had to say: 1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal; 2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth... 3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME 4. We do not take to our grave any material wealth, although our good deeds can be our travellers’ checks. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time. 5. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back. Our time is our life! 6. So dear family and friends, the best present that you can give to your family and friends, including me, is your TIME. May God grant you plenty of TIME and may you have the wisdom to give it away so that you can LIVE! Family members and friends, boys and girls, let us now listen to the documentary specially prepared to honour Poobal at this one-year memorial service:


No comments:

Post a Comment